Hi,

I am seeking some assistance in tracking down a problem with building
Apache 2.0.53 + mod_perl2.0.0-RC4 under a FreeBSD 5.3 jailed
environment using gcc 3.4.2 and perl 5.8.6.

One of the mod_perl tests is failing because it is getting a different
remote_ip address than the address being reported by result of
c->remote_ip. Apache's method is getting the real ip address whereas
mod_perl is getting the loopback address.

Both of these are correct but I need to figure out how to get them to
match. I tried looking through the httpd source files but am not a C
programmer and did not have much luck finding the section where
remote_ip is set. Could someone give me a hand?

FYI, this is the code that mod_perl is using to determine the remote ip
(from mod_perl-2.0.0-RC4/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm):

  sub our_remote_addr {
    my $self = shift;
    my $name = $self->default_servername;
    my $iaddr = (gethostbyname($name))[-1];
    unless (defined $iaddr) {
      error "Can't resolve host: '$name' (check /etc/hosts)";
      exit 1;
    }
    $remote_addr ||= Socket::inet_ntoa($iaddr);
  }

Thanks,
William

--