--On Friday, March 18, 2005 7:44 PM +0000 Colm MacCarthaigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

either lacklist or whitelist fstypes per OS, I don't much care.  And, we
can  check for IPv6 sockets on Linux.

This is still unfair on admins. Some network cards work fine, why shouldn't their owners get the benfits of sendfile?

Those cases they can explicitly use 'EnableSendfile on'. IIRC, you're the one who said most network cards are broken with IPv6 and sendfile on Linux.

The issue here is to be more sane with our default behavior than we are today. I think Jeff's patch with a switch in our default httpd.conf to 'EnableSendfile autodetect' will resolve most people's concerns while attempting to allow platforms that have straightforward (or non-expensive) checks to still use sendfile(). -- justin