On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 01:58:56PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Does someone with a high-traffic, general-interest web site want to take a
> look through their logs for these user-agent strings.

I, uh, have just a few logs that I can scan. ;-)

I'll use Blogger/BlogSpot logs, as those will have a wider variety of user
agents than the main Google site. (which is fortunate, as I don't have
access to the main logs anyways)

A week or two of logs should provide good coverage. You never know what
times of day, or days of the week, that a given UA might be active.

> I don't mind
> keeping them if they make up even 1/100 of a percent of the trafic, but it
> seems silly to keep these extra regexes on every single request if these
> clients don't exist anymore in the wild.

I'll take a look at some logs tomorrow, and mail back with some results.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/