At 09:50 AM 4/11/2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>The Linux build accomplishes the same thing through a simple symlink, which
>neither Windows nor NetWare supports.

Actually on Windows NT 5 filesystem (e.g. 2000+) reparse points
work very nicely in most respects.  See http://sysinternals.com/
and look for Junction under the Miscelanious category.

Also useful in his collection is Process Explorer for those trying
to debug or follow the Apache processes, determine which is the
parent v.s. the child or examine long running cgi processes.

>There is no reason why this same relaxation of the requirement couldn't be
>backported to 2.0-dev tree other than it just takes time and effort to do.

As stemme's post this weekend demonstrated, there is no 'one true
way' to set up parallel trees, so I'd be against backporting the
current solution until something more flexible can be put together.

Bill