On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Nathanael Noblet wrote:

>       Just curious, is there any reason someone on this list would
> intentionally attach a file with a .scr ending? Periodically I get the
> ezmlm program emailing me and complaining that sometimes my address
> bounces messages back. I've looked and it is because they contain files
> with the .scr ending.

.scr, as was mentioned, is the windows screensaver extension.  It's just
an .exe with a different extension.  Anyway if one of these tries to get
through to the list, it's because some worm managed to forge a From:
address of someone actually subscribed to the list when sending to the
list.  We do have antivirus software running on our mailserver at
apache.org, but apparently it doesn't catch 100%.

--Cliff