On 26-Apr-05, at 6:58 PM, Brad Nicholes wrote:

I just checked in a patch to move the ldap_set_option() call from trying to set the connection timeout globally to ldap connection specific. I don't have a good way to test that it fixes the problem, but if somebody can verify the fix, I will propose it for backport.

You know that there is a bug in the OpenLDAP SDK up to about 2.2.21 which causes OpenLDAP to crash when the global connection timeout is set (ITS #3487). It ends up doing a double free because it's copying pointers instead of contents in the global config structure. I've had to explicitly set LDAPConnectionTimeout -1 in order to prevent the default timeout being applied, on a couple of installations where I couldn't upgrade the SDK.