[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Felix Enning pointed me again to an interesting question regarding mod_cache /
mod_disk_cache:

The following situation was observed with Apache 2.0.54 (same applies to trunk):

1. A resource gets cached.
2. The original resource gets removed from the backend (e.g on a proxied
webserver,
   on the local disk, wherever).
3. The client sents a request that forces the cache to revalidate this entry.
4. The 404 received from the backend is correctly passed back to the client by
mod_cache.
5. The client sents a request that does NOT require the cache to revalidate
this entry.
6. Cache delivers the old resource that had been cached before, instead of a
404.

Is this behaviour intended and compliant with the RFC?

Not to my knowlegde.  Given that mod_mem_cache and mod_disk_cache are doing
different things is pretty much indicative that one of the two is wrong ;).

The reason for this behaviour is that the remove_url function of mod_disk_cache
is a dummy function
(BTW: mod_mem_cache seems to really remove the cache entry in remove_url).
If this behaviour is not intended I would have a look into this to create a
patch.

Please do!

Sander