Paul Querna wrote:
André Malo wrote:

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Author: wrowe
Date: Mon Jun  6 09:22:16 2005
New Revision: 180333

Log:
Sandbox of httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/ for OpenSSL 0.9.7 fips integration
development

Added:
   httpd/httpd/branches/ssl-fips-dev/
     - copied from r180332, httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/

I'm not sure about any policy, but it seems better to me to branch off the whole trunk, not just a subtree (you never know, what needs to be modified finally)

... Opinions?
I agree with nd.

Branching the whole tree is what's normally done.

If it turns out you're only actually using a small subset you can switch just that portion of your trunk checkout to the branch, and thus avoid the need to continuously merge all changes into the branch in order to stay up to date, but it's way easier later on if you decide you need to modify something outside that directory if you already have it there on the branch.

-garrett