On 6/9/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 05:03 AM 6/9/2005, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> >Requre threadid in query argument to see this information?
> >(/server-status/?notable&threadid or something like that)
> >
> Or name the columns?  Better yet, move to an XML output
> (?refresh=5&display=xml) which any decent parser can tear apart,
> no matter how we change things in the future?

> I like the idea of toggling columns, I'd make it more like
> columns=pid,tid,ss,m,req to allow for abbreviated displays.

columns= with column names like that works for me

columns=all displays everything (may change layout in the future)
default list for columns is whatever we display now

modules need a flag to their status hook to know to implement xml (or
omit if xml is required)...  xml representation needed for everything
else as well...  or display=xml implies that you get just the
extendedstatus table and absolutely nothing else

> One other thing, we should probably contemplate disallowing
> certain fields.  E.g. someone who wanted server-status, but
> didn't want to leak pid/tid or remote IP information might
> want to lock out those fields from being returned.

in due time, if someone is sufficiently itchy