At 01:09 PM 6/24/2005, Paul Querna wrote:
>We ship with 3 to 4 different packages of the source for each release.
>
>So, .Z is more than twice as big as bz2.  I don't see any reason to keep
>including it, since every modern system has gzip, or can get it.

Let's dump it already for 2.x.  If 1.3 folks want to hang on to it,
that's fine, but I can't think of alot of 2.x platforms which can't
handle .gz - and those who need a non-GPL solution have bzip2.

Looks like a big win, and our mirrors will thank us.

FYI I'm also +1 to remove all .Z files from archive.apache.org/dist/httpd
and www.apache.org/dist/httpd for httpd-2* and would love to know if
they were actually downloaded by anyone other than our mirrors.

Bill