I see that the symbols ap_conftree and ap_top_module are not defined in any header but only in the source code. Mod_info uses this symbols.
I need to do something similar to what mod_info does but in a shared module. Is there a way to do it?? The fact that ap_conftree and ap_top_module are not defined in any header does mean that the API is not stable and probably will change???

I need to parse the configuration tree because i would like to chance programmatically the value of a cookie in an input filter. However the right value for the cookie is directory - dependent  and per directory configuration is not available in an input filter. So my idea whas to desume the right value parsing the per directory directives i was interested in at module startup.

I would  like anyway to do this in a shared module, because i would'nt like to distribute a different version of Apache.

I have been digging very deeply in Apache source code and i am pretty clueless now.
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Luca Regini