On 7/13/05 6:41 PM, "Ian Holsman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a pool of threads read the queue and start fetching the content, and
> re-filling the cache with fresh responses.

How is this better than simply having an external cron job to fetch the
urls?  You have total control of throttling there and it doesn't muck up the
cache code.

A good idea may be to have a "cache store hook" that gets called after a
cache object is stored.  In it, another module could keep track of cached
url's.  This list could be feed to the above cron job.  I know one big web
site that may do it in a similar way...

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer