Akins, Brian wrote:
This patch adds a new hook (request_status) that gets ran in proxy_handler
just before the final return.  This gives modules an opportunity to do
something based on the proxy status.

A couple of examples where this is useful:

-You are using a caching module and would rather return stale content rather
than an error to the client if the origin is down.

-you proxy some subrequests (using SSI - mod_include) and do not want SSI
errors when the backend is down. If you would normally return
HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY, you may have a module that serves some other content.

This feature is one of the features of our in house proxy module that keeps
us from moving toward the "stock" 2.1 proxy.

Thanks Brian.
I applied this patch, and also bumped the mmn # for the new hook

Regards
Ian