On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 08:58:55AM -0700, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> After struggling for hours - and not 'getting' why my ssl authentication
> broke :-) would something like the patch below be of use ?
>
> All this does is to check if the kernel has support for
> httpready/dataready filtering.

And then just give a warning?

FWIW, I have been building Apache 1.3 from ports under FreeBSD 5.4 over the
last few days, and without any additional patches I was getting warnings
about ACCEPT_FILTER (which went away after I did kldload accf_http)

I just tried this again, and it seems you have to set "LogLevel info" to get
this message (the standard httpd.conf has "LogLevel warn"). Then you get:

# tail /var/log/httpd-error.log
[Sun Jul 31 20:31:45 2005] [info] (2)No such file or directory: make_sock: for
port 443, setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)
[Sun Jul 31 20:31:45 2005] [info] (2)No such file or directory: make_sock: for
port 80, setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)

Maybe if this existing message were reported at a higher level that would be
sufficient?

Hmm, actually it's a bit strange:

                ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING | APLOG_INFO,
server_conf,
                         "make_sock: for %s, setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)",
addr);

It seems to be undecided as to whether it's a Warning or an Info message!

Regards,

Brian.