Greg Ames wrote:
Brian Pane wrote:

I'm eager to hear some feedback on this idea:
* Will it work?  Or am I overlooking some design flaw?

it should work as long as everything important that happens after the check_pipeline_flush call still gets done somehow. a quick glance at the code shows that this is mainly logging, scoreboard + event state changes, and getting back into the request loop if appropriate.

and of course the rest of the output needs to be written. perhaps the piece of core_output_filter that controls the writing could be broken out into a separate function and called based on a new CONN_STATE. it wouldn't hurt core_output_filter to slim down anyway.

Greg