On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:08:08PM +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Okay. What though are the implications of content still being returned
> for a HEAD request. What does the standard say about that?

RFC 2616, 9.4 HEAD

  The HEAD method is identical to GET except that the server MUST NOT return
  a message-body in the response. The metainformation contained in the HTTP
  headers in response to a HEAD request SHOULD be identical to the
  information sent in response to a GET request.

Ok, now that I read the standard again, it seems that the preferable way to
implement this is to somehow prevent the bytes written from being sent.

Though I have no idea how the user agents would react if they did receive
a message body on HEAD.

--
Tmi Juha-Matti Tapio    Puh/Tel. +358-50-5419230
Y-tunnus 1911527-0      Fax      +358-9-34756631