Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 05:38:40AM +0200, Plm, Rdiger, VIS wrote:
>
>>In the case that you are caching a response from a backend app server or
>>a cgi script I can imagine situations where one variant is 404 and another
>>one is not. Dw also pointed that out.
>>From my personal point of view we should keep them and let the next
>>revalidation
>>on them caused by a client decide whether they should be removed or not.
>

> I guess I just don't buy that as a legitimate (and compliant) use case; but if
> that's how some servers work, I guess.

Agreed. I confess that I sometimes misuse mod_cache to get the performance of
odd
commercial web applications fixed. And it is easier to misuse mod_cache and
sometimes
to patch it for this misuse then to get commercial vendors fix their sloppy
software :-(.

> So, that should mean that the code is fine as-is.

Basicly yes, from my personal point of view. BTW: Can you have a look at the
patch I
proposed at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200508.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
to delete the empty directories (dir_removal_patch.diff) for the cache entries
that
get removed? That would be very nice.

[..cut..]

Thanks