--On August 18, 2005 1:34:56 PM -0400 Brian Akins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The optimizations that Colm is talking about should be helpful everywhere.
Also, that's why we test to make sure it does "kill us." Also, I don't think
we "know" it will kill us.

None of the code in mod_disk_cache used buffering before I turned it on. It gave significant speedups in my performance tests by reducing the syscall overhead. I also had identified and fixed some bugs in apr's buffering code to go along with these speedups that went out in APR 1.0.1. So, unless the profiles have changed (unlikely), removing buffering is a bad idea. -- justin