[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>>Hold on a tic... it seems to be related to
>>whether or not it's within a Vhost...

I think this is the solution as for each virtual host the create_server_config
is run for this virtual host again *after* all modules have been loaded. Thus it
works inside a virtual host, but not outside.

I was wondering why similar things work with mod_cache / mod_disk_cache and
after a quick look to the code I found that (I guess no surprise to most here)
they use
ap_register_provider / ap_lookup_provider.
mod_cache does check if the provider name specified in CacheEnable is valid
*after* configuration
during the request processing.
Stupid question: Would that be a possible way here too?

Regards

RĂ¼diger