Hi,

I'm planning on starting initial mod_smtpd documentation work. I just
wanted to poll the list on what type of documentation format is
preferred, especially among the mod_smtpd hackers.

These are the options I know of:

1. DocBook
2. Texinfo
3. Latex
4. Doxygen

Personally I would prefer something in DocBook, than Texinfo and Latex
because I don't know much about the formatting language and DocBook
seems pretty intuitive and can be converted into a large amount of
formats. Also I suspect the mod_smtpd documentation will contain a lot
of examples since it has specific applications (spam filtering, message
translation, different queuers, extending SMTP command set). In my
experience Doxygen is usually pretty cryptic and not very helpful and
it's usually just easier to look at the source files yourself instead of
bother Doxygen.

Of course this work will come after some bug fixes, minor interface
changes, and code reviews.

Thanks.

Rian Hunter