On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:00:35PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> >No :) We'd have to have two handlers in order to do that, and it should
> >be noted that creating a non-quick handler for mod_cache is itself a
> >reasonable amount of effort.
>
> No it isn't.

I should pay more attention.

> Here is the patch:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=111597814015667&w=2

Looks like it should still work. It got a veto at the time (wrowe),
seemingly because it didn't fix the issue at hand, at the time. Now it
looks like this approach may be the only way of fixing this problem.

An altnernative would be to replicate the core logic (mapping to
storage, checking access status and so on) within mod_cache, using a
subrequest lookup, but this would be near-equivalent to being an
ordinary handler, from a what-gets=run point of view.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]