Joe Orton wrote:

c) don't backport ABI changes to branches; a branch much fork from a specific MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR and must be rebased entirely to move to a new major

 -> avoids the problem entirely

It's always this way on even branches, but we are talking about odd #'ed
branches, here.

d) drop the requirement that the MMN must reflect every single ABI change and make some more fundamental change

I've always considered the possibility that we only bump MMN major, by
date, exactly once when we roll rev x.y.n <shrug>.

Better idea; let's refactor the whole MMN magic in httpd 3.0?

(It's already looking, from the scope of the experimental asynch branch,
that it's likely to become 3.0.)

Bill