Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 10/11/2005 11:51 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >

> > I hate IRC. It's a real time sinkhole :) Plus, it avoids the
> > danger of doing development on IRC instead of on the mailing
> > lists where it belongs... I occasionally am on IM and IRC
> > however, but rarely :)
> >

> All very true :-).
>
> BTW: I just noticed that
>
>     c = strchr(url, ':');
>     if (c == NULL || c[1] != '/' || c[2] != '/' || c[3] == '\0')
>        return NULL;
>
> in ap_proxy_get_worker of proxy_util.c seem to be unneeded now
> (Only came to my mind as I saw your commit mail, weird. )
> If you agree I will remove them tomorrow as a clean-up.

It's a quick way, I think, I avoiding bogus urls (one's that
lack schemes) without wasting time with the various
strncasecmps.

Of course, that get's me thinking... maybe strncmp() is more
correct. We want to be case ignorant with hostname but NOT
with path. And, iirc, we force the hostname in name to be
lowercase. Let me look into that :)

 Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/