* Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-10-20 16:01:27]:

> --On October 21, 2005 12:49:48 AM +0200 Maxime Petazzoni
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >As you can see in the latest commit (r327019), we've set up a small
> >hack to avoid mod_mbox from wrapping messages larger than 50k.
>
> I don't get it.  Why is mod_mbox wrapping any text to begin with?  This is
> the MUA's responsibility not ours.  (Are we working around dumb MUA's that
> don't wrap?)

Indeed we are.

> Also, the strlen call in mbox_wrap_text's for loop is problematic.  The
> string's length isn't changing.  strlen on a 450,000-length array 450,000
> times sounds like a problem.  I'd also think that we'd be able to compute
> the length when get the MIME-ified body instead of relying on strlen again.
> (We have the escape'd length in mbox_mime_get_body; that'd greatly simplify
> the get_body call to eliminate *any* strlen calls.)  -- justin

I've just commited a small changeset in order to compute the string
length only once in the function. But yes, we could rely on the
computed length earlier in the body processing.

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.