This would be OK except that there is a bigger problem that I looked
into trying to fix at one point but never completed it.  The problem is
the duplication of authorization types.  Currently we have both
mod_authz_groupfile and mod_authz_dbm implementing the types "group" and
"file-group".  This causes a problem because if both of these modules
are loaded and the configuration contains the directive:

require group foo
or
require file-group

which authorization module handles it?  Well it seems to be completely
dependant on load order and/or the use of the directives
AuthzXXXAuthoritative.  In addition to implementing an optional function
in mod_authz_owner to get the owner id, all authorization types should
probably be renamed to be unique.

group - mod_authz_groupfile
dbm-group  - mod_authz_dbm
dbd-group  - mod_authz_dbd
ldap-group  - mod_authnz_ldap (already done)
etc...

thoughts on this...?

Brad

>>> On 10/24/2005 at 4:08:39 pm, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've just looked at authz.
>
> There's an IMO ugly hack whereby every authz provider has to run
after
> authz_file and make a special case for file-group.  It's repitition
of
> identical code, and breaks modularity.
>
> Wouldn't it be better for mod_authz_owner to be able to determine
whether
> file-group is satisfied before returning, instead of faffing about
with Notes
> and complicating the AuthAuthoritativeness logic?  We could implement
that
> using a file-group optional hook in mod_authz_owner.  The normal
authz_FOO
> modules can then implement the hook and properly preserve
modularity.