On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:09:46PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> 2.1.9-Beta is available from:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/httpd-2.1.9/
>
> Please test and vote on releasing 2.1.9 as BETA.

+1 for beta, but some things that would apply to GA;

Doing a complete fresh install from tarball I got caught out by the
largefile support. Although we no longer need any magic CFLAGS for httpd
itself to handle > 2GB files, we do for sendfile for to work
- at least on my platform (Linux IA64).

APR isn't picking up sendfile64 for me. Besides getting APR fixed, we
may need to handle this more gracefully within httpd for the cases where
the bundled apr isn't being used. If we don't have a sendfile capable of
sending >2GB files, we shouldn't try to use it for files >2GB.

> As a reminder, if you know of any issues you consider a SHOW STOPPER for
> a 2.2.0 stable release, please add them to the branches/2.2.x STATUS file.

I'm tempted to suggest the mod_cache Vs mod_authz_host as a
show-stopper, but since this is going nowhere fast and the only way to
fix it has a veto, the only viable solution may be to remove mod_cache
prior to GA.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]