On 11/07/2005 07:27 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>> I'd prefer something a little less drastic, like 'faking' a header out
>> of remote-ip.
>

> Why?  All you accomplish is to cause this problem of a downstream
> cache not knowing that there is access control.  If you don't want
> access control, then don't use access control.
I agree that there are many situation where it does not make sense to cache
things under access
control, but there are ones where it makes sense.

e.g. If you create a forward proxy with httpd that should use caching and that
only
a limited number of clients on your LAN should be able to use.

So I agree with Paul that it should be configurable.

Regards

RĂ¼diger