Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:55:03AM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
From a quick reading of the code,
AuthBasicProvider Off
and
AuthBasicProvider On
have exactly the same effect. This is silly. "Off" should probably be removed and "On" renamed to "default".

Oh.  I see.  Because our backwards-compatiblity code kicks in when there
isn't a provider specified.  Heh.

FWIW, mod_dav has this same syntax (which is where this code
originated).  I wouldn't have any serious problems just removing those
checks around line 59 (making that last else clause be unconditional).
This would lead to rejecting On and Off as values for those directives.

How does that sound?  -- justin

Yes, that's a better idea.

Joshua.