On 11/20/05, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 11/20/2005 11:00 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

> [..cut..]
>

> > If there is consensus that such trivial CHANGES should not be added (which
> > I would
> > also tend to with the reasons you mentioned), then I will happily remove
> > the CHANGE
> > log entry. So another comment please!
>
> Ok, forget about the removal part. Paul backported it to 2.2.x and taged
> 2.1.10 afterwards.
> So I cannot remove it for this case. Anyway since I was uncertain about the
> 'right' thing
> to do here and since it seemed to be handled differently by different people
> I still like
> to have further comments on this issue :-).

I think it is a good idea for people who show up with patches out of
the blue to see a recognition of their contribution, even if
relatively small.  Many people off the dev list don't realize that a
lot of fixes come from random people.  It can only help to do what we
can to promote that perception.