I wanted to add that I am working om mod_cgid and thats where I want to check if it is a graceful restart. I did some more investigation and found that listener_may_exit is not set during a graceful restart for cgid which is why ap_graceful_stop_signalled() does not return 1. Is there any way I can find if it is a graceful restart in mod_cgid ?

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran

Kiran Mendonce wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know how a module can determine if a graceful restart has been issued. I tried using the ap_mpm_query() and the ap_graceful_stop_signalled() APIs but I have'nt really been able to get what I want. ap_mpm_query() always returns 0 on graceful/restart/stop conditions and ap_graceful_stop_signalled() does not return 1 on graceful restart.

So I'm confused what to do. Any suggestions ?

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran