> > Note that this uri can in turn be splitted in something which is lost by
> > the publisher and the req.path_info field, that is IIRC that we can
> > assert(req.uri.endswith(req.path_info)). I don't know what req.path_info
> > is before the publisher kicks in, though.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what is being lost since publisher does not
> modify req.uri. Something that I've found useful but which seems to be
> missing is the idea of a base_uri, where
>
> uri = base_uri + path_info
>
> Or maybe the base_uri part is what you mean when you say something is lost?

THIS is what has driven me batty...if someone could write the concise
description of the relationship between req.uri and req.path_info with
no ifs-ands-or-buts, exclusionary clauses and definitely no footnotes,
I can stop my drinking habit. :-)  Having base_uri would be heaven.

Daniel Popowich
http://home.comcast.net/~d.popowich/mpservlets/