Brian Akins wrote:
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Seriously though, will the inclusion of all the async stuff warrant a jump to 3.0?

My 2c CA (yes, I have 2 of them sitting here)...

If the user can write a content handling module that ignores threading and
remains on-thread, then it's a 2.4 change.

If the user must rewrite their content handlers to pay attention to thread
jumps, and must use some sort of yeild beyond apr_socket_poll/select(), then
I'd agree it becomes 3.0.

I wouldn't worry about protocol/mpm authors, who are a breed to ourselves
and should be able to handle any bump.  It's the joe who put together a nifty
auth or content module who has to jump through hoops to learn the new API who
will suffer if we don't yell out **3.0**!!!

Bill