I have a serious issue. It seems that if something happens during a proxy request after mod_http_proxy starts reading from the backend server, no error is reported. (IE, see what happens when ap_pass_brigade returns non success). The problem is that this "partial page" may be cached because r->status is a cacheable code, but the response is actually "broken." The result is that the broken version may be cached and served again and again.

Should we break RFC (maybe) and change r->status to 503 (for example) so cache can check letter.

Note: this is using our internal mod_cache, but looks like the issue would be the same in stock mod_cache.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer