On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:22:18PM -0500, Brian Akins wrote:
> >There *might* be a breakage if the server aborted it's half of the
> >connection partway through the response.  I don't have the time to fully
> >look at the code, but there might be a code path that does so.  -- justin
>
> From what I can tell, stock proxy and cache is vulnerable to that.

After a bit more of thinking, the right thing to do would be to have
mod_proxy force a dropped connection to the client.  Since the backend
bailed on us, there's no way for us to finish the response - we've likely
already guaranteed the headers, but have no way to keep the connection
'correct' with respect to the metadata we've already sent.  We must bail.

If mod_proxy forces the dropped connection, this should, in turn, cause
mod_cache to not be able to 'finish' the response.  Therefore, there should
be no cachable partial response to serve.  -- justin