On 12/11/2005 01:51 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2005, at 4:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> Oy, crikey, I don't want that -- the proxy handler doesn't have the
> information needed to complete the response.  As I said before, the
> right way to do it is to send the error downstream.  There is no
> need to leave the filter in an error state.
>
> As it turns out, we also have a request_rec->no_cache variable that
> is supposed to be set in this case.  I am curious whether the following
> patch will work (after reverting r355823).

But with your approach you need to double the code in *each* scheme handler.
r355823 tries to avoid this by doing it a little later in the proxy handler.
I currently comment only on the position *where* you do it and not what.
But of course in the proxy handler I do not have rv add hand any longer.
The remaining part of the patch could be done also in the proxy handler
with e->data set to an int that is non null.
Ok. Other approach would be to put your code in a function of proxy_util.c
where every scheme handler can call it. That sounds also like a good solution.

Regards

RĂ¼diger