On 1/7/06, Garrett Rooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/5/06, Garrett Rooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 1/5/06, Ian Holsman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > this allows you to pass a 'path' to the fast cgi process
> > > to use:
> > > ProxyPass  /forum fcgi-tcp://127.0.0.1:8005/foruX
> > >
> > > request
> > > /forum/zx will have a path_info of /foruX/zx
> > >
> > > posting it as a patch, as the code is a bit fugly.
> >
> > The question is, what should PATH_INFO actually be set to.  Your way
> > of doing things gives some interesting flexibility, but intuitively it
> > seems to me that it would be the portion of the request URI after
> > /forum (for this example), not include /forum at all.
> >
> > Also, I'm not sure about this syntax because I'm not clear how it
> > would work for local fcgi processes that use a unix domain socket.
> > I've assumed that the fcgi-local:// scheme would do something like
> > fcgi-local://localhost/path/to/socket, and in that case how can you
> > tell the difference between the socket and the path extension?
>
> FWIW, here's my alternate patch to implement PATH_INFO.  It seems to
> give results that match what I'd assume (i.e. for a ProxyPass on
> /fcgi, and a request to /fcgi/foo?bar&baz you'd get PATH_INFO = "foo",
> QUERY_STRING = "bar?baz"), and I imagine you can play mod_rewrite
> tricks to get more interesting behavior if you're so inlined.

I discussed this with Ian briefly today, and we decided to go with
this patch for now, since it's likely that the other behavior can be
replicated with mod_rewrite if necessary.  This can of course be
revisited in the future if it turns out there's a more correct
behavior we should be implementing.

-garrett