To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:24 PM
Subject: RE: Apache 2.2.0 on Win32

Here is the path that requires msjava.dll:
Httpd.exe->libapr-1.dll->advapi32.dll->winsta.dll->netapi32.dll->dnsapi.
dll->iphlpapi.dll->mprapi.dll->activeds.dll->adsldpc.dll->credui.dll->sh
ell32.dll->shdocvw.dll->mshtml.dll->msjava.dll

I found a thread that seemed like it might be on the right track.
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=23261
I changed the manifest options mentioned here for the buildbin project,
but that didn't solve the dependency.
I tried building from the command line with nmake like you suggested,
but the build failed with the following error:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'"..\apr\Release\libapr-1.lib"'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
'D:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftVisualStudio8\VC\bin\nmake.exe' : return
code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
'D:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftVisualStudio8\VC\bin\nmake.exe' : return
code '0x2'
Stop.

Any idea what's wrong there?