Joe Orton wrote:
The event MPM is listed in the "new features" document for 2.2, which rather implies that it should work and is to some degree supported; yet configure will issue the doom and gloom messages about the code being incomplete and that nobody should use it except developers wishing to improve it. (since it's in server/mpm/experimental still)

So... which is it?

Well, the primary reason it is still in experimental, from my perspective, is the lack of mod_ssl/HTTPS support. If we could get that fixed, I would be +1 for making it non-experimental.

If you use it for non-SSL connections, it works great, and we shouldn't be spreading much gloom or doom messages about that.

So, maybe we should change the configure script for 2.2.1?

-Paul