Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your reply. I tried setting the parameters suggested by you.
But when I re-run httpd2, I see that it is still creating 3 processes.

> Yes, worker should be able to do this, although it will not adjust to
> load (you need to prespecify exactly how many threads will be
> available at all times).  Something like:
> ServerLimit 1
> StartServer 1
> MaxClients 512
> ThreadsPerChild 512
> MaxSpareThreads 512
> MinSpareThreads 0

mangal ~ -> ps -ef | grep httpd
root     15588     1  1 21:04 ?        00:00:00 httpd2 -k restart
wwwrun   15589 15588  0 21:04 ?        00:00:00 httpd2 -k restart
wwwrun   15590 15588  0 21:04 ?        00:00:00 httpd2 -k restart

My server-tuning.conf file looks like the following -
# worker MPM
<IfModule worker.c>
        ServerLimit         1
        # initial number of server processes to start
        StartServers         1
        # minimum number of worker threads which are kept spare
        MinSpareThreads     25
        # maximum number of worker threads which are kept spare
        MaxSpareThreads     75
        # maximum number of simultaneous client connections
        MaxClients         25
        # constant number of worker threads in each server process
        ThreadsPerChild     25
        # maximum number of requests a server process serves
        MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Any idea what might be going on?

- Praveen