On 01/22/2006 04:19 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:

[..cut..]

> It's what we've been doing for over 10 years :)
>
> You weren't around, I think, when we were using CVS, but when one

Yes, I am a post CVS guy.

> did a commit there, there was a format that was prepended to
> each commit message, where the PR number was placed, the
> source of the patch and space to list who tested or approved

Roy kindly already sent me the old CVS template. Maybe this should be
added to the http://httpd.apache.org/dev/devnotes.html page with
some remarks.

> the patch. This went away when we went to SVN (I wonder if
> it can be re-inserted??). Anyway, looking at CHANGES should

I did a quick search and currently I cannot see a possibility to do so.
Maybe we should log this as a feature request to the subversion guys.

> also strongly imply this since one sees *numerous* entries where
> the attribution refers to someone who lacks commit privs, so
> how could it have been applied? :)

I noticed them and wondered if the committer forgot to add his name :-).

Regards

RĂ¼diger