Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

Sorry this is somewhat OT, I'm looking for people who have dealt with/would like to share experience/discuss Edge Architecture and Edge Side Includes (www.esi.org). I've done some experimenting with over the last week and to me the approach appears rational and reasonable, and I see mod_cache folks have it on their wish list, but I'd really appreciate some input based real world experience with EA.

Thanks in advance, and if you know of a good mailing list for this, please point me to it (I couldn't find one).

Grisha

Try teaching mod_include about esi tags. I played around with this a few years back and made quick progress. The folks who asked me to try this (as part of my day job) were rather horrified, I think, at how easy it was to get a working prototype that demonstrated interesting features. Performance was not great. mod_cache can (or could at one time in the past) cache fragments. It's an interesting project, but not one I can invest time in. Good luck.

Bill