Garrett Rooney wrote:
On 2/2/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Finally vpath + symlink builds were broken, there is a set of patches
over on http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/ named fixbuild-n.n.patch where
-n.n is -2.0 & -0.9, -2.2 & -1.2, and -2.3 & 1.3 for the corresponding
httpd and apr-util versions.  The patches;

 * ensure we don't bomb on vpath builds looking for .h files in both the
   source and vpath target trees (because they don't exist in both).

Consistently looking in one place seems reasonable.

Actually the patch looks in both.  We wrap that search in ( ) to avoid make
(solaris make) discovering there was an error invoking ls ap[ru].u, for
example, because those two files exist as generated objects on the target
tree, not the source, while ap[ru]_*.h generally live on the source tree.

 * never configure apr-iconv from apr-util.  Since we won't configure apr
   from apr-util this was inconsistent.

Assuming you mean buildconf, not configure, +1, I was surprised we did
this at all.  AFAICT the patches don't have anything to do with
running apr-iconv's configure.

Right; long day yesterday, was in need of caffene replentishment.