Jim Jagielski wrote:
Nick Kew wrote:
I haven't thought this through yet, but presumably we could implement
an API for this.  Something like:

struct worker_score {
  /* all the stuff that's there now */
  void data[];   /* at the end */
};
/* ditto other records */

:)
I did this awhile ago on all the proxy structs, simply
to give us a back door there :)

That leaves loadbalancers a proper API for attaching to the scoreboard,
and opens it to other modules.

The only concern I see is the potential for pollution, and
stuff being in the scoreboard that's best as "private
shared" storage. For example, the LB stuff really didn't
have to be in the scoreboard, but could do quite well
as a nice shared mem segment pointer passed as part of
the module struct...

But making it easier to extend the scoreboard for stuff
that really must be universally shared is a big +1 :)

+1

Bill