Nick wrote:
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

SWIG in my opinion is good when you want some kind of an API made
available to you quickly, but in a static environment where can put some
thought into functionality, usability, Pythonic-ness of every approach,
write documentation with good examples and a meaningful test case SWIG
does not buy much.

If someone just wanted to map the APR to Python - they can always use
SWIG, but that's not what mod_python is about.

All true; mod_python is a layer up from the apache API, so there's no way
the SWIGed API could come close to replacing it.  I just found it generally
more convenient to work in Python rather than C, even if it's only a thin
layer above that, and I think there is some merit to using it in some
places, carefully wrapped in a Python class or module.

That said, I don't really see mod_python changing so radically at this point
in the game.  It's fun to think about, though. :)  In a masochistic kind of way.

We could always try to convince the ASF to rewrite apache in PyPy. :)

Jim