I am not concerned with the form of this feature's delivery -- as long as it is well documented.

I will say that having an explicit flush that flushes up through the web server is absolutely critical to certain use cases. Lack of this functionality one way or another will break our apps.

--
Jess Holle

Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi,

I would love that we remove the FLUSHING_BANDAID from the code
because it concept breaks the AJP protocol specification.

Instead FLUSHING_BANDAID I propose that we introduce a new
directive 'flush=on' that would behave like the most recent
mod_jk directive 'JkOptions +FlushPackets'.

The point is that the AJP protocol is packet based, so trying
to mimic the 'stream' behavior is bogus.
Further more, this (FLUSHING_BANDAID) does not resolve the
explicit flush from the application server, because it take
care only on the transport rather then a spec.

I know that for such cases we would need to extend the AJP
protocol with explicit flushing, but for now the only solution is
to have an directive that will flush on each packet.

So, since FLUSHING_BANDAID has none particular usage I'm asking
the author to remove that code, so we can work on a packet
flushing rather then a time based one.

Regards,
Mladen.