Is there any way we can manage to extend AJP1.3+ in Tomcat 5.5.x, mod_proxy_ajp, and possibly even mod_jk to *optionally* add explicit flush to the protocol *only* when one opts into it via a configuration option?

Some of us need explicit flush, don't want a performance penalty, and see Tomcat 6 as a long ways off from a production support / usage perspective.

--
Jess Holle

Mladen Turk wrote:
Jim Jagielski wrote:
Any other comments about the patch? Should I just
commit the revised one and we can tweak from
there...

+1

Although I still consider FLUSHING_BANDAID as
useless. The closest we can get to the real
meaning of Servlet spec out.flush() is to flush
on each packet. FLUSHING_BANDAID will simply
not flush if the servlet container continues to
send the data after the flush packet.
I hope we'll soon extend the AJP protocol spec
with explicit flushing, but no mater if we did,
since we have to be AJP1.3 compatible,
the patch is needed.

Regards,
Mladen