On 03/12/2006 08:51 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Sunday 12 March 2006 00:26, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

> The basic problem is putting directives on the server_rec and then
> hacking them to work inside <Location>.  The original bug was with
> ProxyPassReverse, where multiple <Location>s in a virtualhost would
> just overwrite each other.   Thinking back, at the time I fixed that,

I am not really sure that they overwrite each other when they are used
in multiple Locations. But even if they do and we fix this in the same
way as you did for ProxyPassReverse and friends, ProxyPass still does
not know how to handle RE.
And if we want to make it aware of RE the next question to me is if
we shouldn't create an additional directive ProxyPassMatch.
AFAIK we always have two versions of directives when it comes to RE.
One without and one with RE support.
Using the mod_rewrite way to offer Location(Match) support by adding a
fixup hook that handles the ProxyPass cases inside a Location(Match) might
also not work, because this is too late for a proxy_walk which is done
in the map_to_storage hook. But AFAICS we need to do the proxy_walk before
the security phase, which happens before the fixup hook.
Handling it in the same way as it currently works for Location also seems
to throw up some questions.
I guess we whould need to transform some configurations if ProxyPass /
ProxyPassMatch
is used in the "wrong" container:

<Location />
    ProxyPassMatch http://somewhere/
</Location>

should become

<Location />
    ProxyPass http://somewhere/
</Location>

and

<LocationMatch .*\.jsp$>
    ProxyPass http://somewhere/
</LocationMatch>

should become

<LocationMatch .*\.jsp$>
    ProxyPassMatch http://somewhere/
</LocationMatch>

or should it become

<LocationMatch (.*\.jsp$)>
    ProxyPassMatch http://somewhere/$1
</LocationMatch>

?

So the more I look into this the more complicated it seems to me.

Regards

RĂ¼diger