I could fix this with some modifications to mod_cgid.c. I found that the httpd process serving the CGI request tries to contact the daemon in the cleanup callback even when a graceful restart has been issued. A check for a graceful restart situation should be made before the connect. The following condition at the beginning of cleanup_script() solves the problem :

   if (ap_graceful_stop_signalled())
       return APR_EGENERAL;

Regards,
Kiran

Brian Akins wrote:

Kiran Mendonce wrote:

For every concurrent request issued, there seems to be an error.

I think this is because ab closes the last set of connections without completing the HTTP "transaction." We noticed this on some of our apps. This may or may not be your issue as well.