On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:10:10PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Rian Hunter wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >So the Listen directive now takes an optional protocol argument. In the
> >documentation it states that if the protocol isn't specified then if the
> >port number is 443, it is set to "https" otherwise "http".
> >
> >This seems like a good idea. What about if the port number is 25,
> >personally I want this to automatically set the protocol to "smtp". Sort
> >of like our own /etc/services. I can of course see this turning into
> >default protocol specifiers for multiple port numbers so I anticipate
> >some type of config file similar to MIMEMagic in the future.
>
> Yes, my vision was for it to use something like /etc/services,

apr already provides a protocol -> port translation via
apr_uri_port_of_scheme() , though this gives the canonical port number
only.  An apr_uri_scheme_of_port() could be added, or generalised or
something, but it wouldn't make sense to store the information about
ports twice :)

> Either method can work. mod_ssl currently will pick up anything with the
> protocol "https".
>
> I personally like using
> <VirtualHost *:25>
> Protocol smtp
> </Vh

Hmmm, how would this interace with the various protocol TLS upgrade
commands? What would that look like?

        <VirtualHost *:80>
                Protocol http
                TLSUpgradeEnable On
        </VirtualHost>

        <VirtualHost *:25>
                Protocol smtp
                TLSUpgradeEnable Off
        </VirtualHost>

and so on?

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]