On 4/8/06, Alexander Lazic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 05-04-2006 i have get the latest snapshots from:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/
>
> httpd-2.0.x_20060405102636.tar.gz
> apr-0.9.x_20060405102142.tar.gz
> apr-util-0.9.x_20060405102200.tar.gz
>
> Build it on solaris 10 x86 with gcc.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/web/apache-2.0.56 --with-mpm=worker --enable-so \
> --enable-rewrite --disable-userdir --disable-imap --disable-cgi \
> --disable-cgid --disable-asis --enable-http --enable-ssl\
> --enable-headers --enable-expires --enable-deflate \
> --disable-charset-lite --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
> CFLAGS='-DSHARED_CORE -DUSE_SSL' CPPFLAGS='-DSHARED_CORE -DUSE_SSL' \
> --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --enable-proxy --enable-proxy-http
>
> After 'make install' i started apache, then some seconds later i got the
> message '...MaxClients reached...' but there was no entry in the access
> log, and nobody have make a request to this server.
>
> What i have also see httpd forks StartServers-processes.
>
> Is this a known bug?!

y; I've been looking at this type of problem for a few days...
hopefully I can post a patch before long

Apache works fine except for that bogus message, right?

There are problems accounting for child processes which are trying to
initialize that result in the parent thinking it needs to create more
children.  The less harmful flavor is when it thinks (incorrectly) it
is already at MaxClients and issues the "reached MaxClients" message.
More disturbing is when MaxClients is very high and the parent keeps
creating new children using exponential ramp-up.  That can be very
painful.